Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This quick and easy salad is sure to please. My mom made it once a week during the summer. French bread goes great with it!
- 1 bag original Fritos corn chips
- 1 can chili
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 bag salad greens
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- Warm can of chili over stove.
- Put all other ingredients in a large bowl.
- When chili is warmed, put on the salad and then mix.
- Serve immediately so lettuce doesnt wilt.
- This is a perfect picnic salad.
- If you are wanting to prepare it at a park, just have the chili ready to go in a seperate container, and add when ready to eat.
This salad was very unusual. I would never have thought to put hot chili over greens, but the taste was very good. The Fritos added a crunchy texture which was good because my lettuce did wilt a bit. We enjoyed eating it very much. I think next time I make it, I will throw in a few finely minced fresh jalapeños to kick up the heat a bit. You could also use chili with jalapeños instead of fresh. Thanks for sharing this unusual, but very good recipe.
We had this last year at the county fair, they called it "walking taco salad" my kids LOVED it. I couldn't remember what kind of meat they used,(it wasn't just burger and taco seasoning) THANK YOU!!! This is better then the traditional taco salad.