Recipe by ~*Miss Diggy*~
This quick and easy salad is sure to please. My mom made it once a week during the summer. French bread goes great with it!
Top Review by Miss Annie
This salad was very unusual. I would never have thought to put hot chili over greens, but the taste was very good. The Fritos added a crunchy texture which was good because my lettuce did wilt a bit. We enjoyed eating it very much. I think next time I make it, I will throw in a few finely minced fresh jalapeños to kick up the heat a bit. You could also use chili with jalapeños instead of fresh. Thanks for sharing this unusual, but very good recipe.
- 1 bag original Fritos corn chips
- 1 can chili
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 bag salad greens
- 2 cups shredded cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Warm can of chili over stove.
- Put all other ingredients in a large bowl.
- When chili is warmed, put on the salad and then mix.
- Serve immediately so lettuce doesnt wilt.
- This is a perfect picnic salad.
- If you are wanting to prepare it at a park, just have the chili ready to go in a seperate container, and add when ready to eat.