Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
Oh, Fritos, why do you have to be so delicious? Recipe is from Rachael Ray.
Make and share this Frito Frittata recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄3 lb ham steak, diced (about 1 cup)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 small red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 serrano chili peppers or 1 large jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 small ripe vine tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or 2 tablespoons parsley
- about 1 1/2 cups Fritos corn chips, lightly crushed (about 3 big handfuls)
- 10 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce, such as Frank's RedHot
- 4 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese, diced (about 1 cup)
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees . In a large, ovenproof skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the ham and cook until browned, 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the butter to the skillet and cook until foaming. Add the onion, bell pepper, chiles and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook until crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the tomato and cilantro. Scatter the ham and corn chips in the pan.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with the hot sauce; season with salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the ham mixture. Scatter the cheese on top. Cook until the eggs are just set, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer the frittata to the oven and bake until puffed, 12 to 15 minutes.