Recipe by Babychops
My buddy Mike from World's Best Pizza in Escondido passed this on to me. Gotta love that guy! Recipezaar wouldn't allow Red Silk beans as an ingredient so I listed as beans with the description & distributor information after that. You can probably find them online or in the ethnic foods. Or just stop by World's Best Pizza in Escondido. Mike sells them for $3.99 Well, of course I couldn't leave it alone, I had to make some changes while I cooked so here is the updated recipe!
- 16 ounces beans (red silk beans by Frijol San Francisco)
- 2 smoked ham hocks
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon pepper, coarsely ground
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- flour tortilla (homemade if ya got 'em)
- monterey jack cheese
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse beans & soak overnight.
- Add to crockpot in the morning, slowly pouring in bean water. Add ham hocks, onion, salt & pepper then enough water to cover.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Take a large spoonful of the beans (drained of course) & lay in a homemade flour tortilla, sprinkle some jack cheese & a dollop of sour cream, wrap & enjoy. These are so good you just can't get enough.