Recipe by Leslie in Texas
A good way to slip a nutritious breakfast to your family! Also makes a great new-neighbor gift. This recipe is from the mom of a close friend and my boys loved these growing up.
- 1 (15 ounce) box Raisin Bran cereal
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 3 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 5 cups flour
- 5 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Beat eggs on medium speed with hand mixer; add shortening and buttermilk, then stir in dry ingredients by hand.
- Fill paper-lined muffin tins about 2/3 full of batter.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or till toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Cooked muffins freeze well.
- Batter will keep for 3-4 weeks in the refrigerator (if it lasts that long!).