Recipe by Sillygurl
Let me tell you my boyfriend absolutely loves when I make this. His eyes even light up. But it is not something to make all the time for health reasons ;-) But that is what is so good about it.
- 4 -5 medium potatoes
- 6 slices thick bacon (greasier the better)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel all potatoes and cut up in to 4ths.Put potatoes in a pot with water and salt.Cover. Put on high until it boils then lower a little. Total boiling time should be 30 minutes.
- Cut up bacon and onion into smaller pieces.Add to a 10-12" pan 1 tablespoon butter.Let fry for 5-7mins so bacon grease can accumulate.
- Drain potatoes when they are done and add to frying pan.With a spoon make potatoes pieces even smaller and stir mixture together. Add another tablespoon butter and stir.
- Turn flame up med-high and cover so potatoes can brown. Every 5 minutes or so stir potatoes and add salt and pepper to taste. Also add more butter if necessary.
- Continue to fry for about 15 minutes or until most potatoes have one side browned.