Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is one of the best appetizers you will find. The Portabellas are so rich and meaty you won't believe the taste
- 4 portabella mushrooms, tops
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Tony Chachere's Seasoning
- oil, to fry in
- Put enough oil in a pan and heat.
- Slice the tops about 1/2 in thick.
- Dip slices in egg and then seasoned bread crumbs.
- Place in oil and cook for 3-4 min per side or until golden brown.
- May be made 2 hrs in advance and kept in oven at 250.
These were very good. I couldn't find Tony Chachere's seasoning at my WalMart, so I used Emeril's essence. I'm not sure about the seasoning called for in the recipe, but would love to try this again using the seasoning suggested. They were quite tender and very good. If and when I find the seasoning, I'll try again.