Recipe by tiriola
I got this recipe in my Latin class. I just tried it out and it is wonderful! It was a great afternoon snack. I suggest serving this with some chopped up apples. The flavours will complement one another.
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour 2-3 inches of olive oil in a large pan and heat till sizzling.
- Remove crust from bread.
- Tear roundish chunks of bread, about 1 1/2" in diameter.
- Pour the milk into a bowl and lightly dip the bread chunks into the milk. Do not soak them.
- Toss the bread pieces into the oil and fry till golden. Be sure to move them around so they are evenly cooked on all sides.
- Place fried bread on paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Repeat till all bread is used.
- While bread is still hot, drizzle generously with honey and serve.