Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
These are a great appetizer for blue cheese fans. A delight per bite!
- 1 ounce mild blue cheese (like Maytag)
- 24 pitted Spanish olives, patted dry
- peanut oil (for frying)
- all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- Roll small amount of cheese into log shape narrow enough to stuff into 1 pitted olive; Stuff olive with cheese. Repeat with remaining olives.
- Pour enough oil into heavy large skillet to measure depth of 1 inch. Heat oil to 350°F.
- Roll stuffed olives in flour, then in egg, then in breadcrumbs to coat.
- Fry until golden brown, about 30 seconds. Using slotted spoon, transfer olives to paper towels to drain. Serve hot.