1 hr 34 mins
1 hr 19 mins
This is good Middle Eastern style fried chicken. I use small chickens because they are tastier. You could use a large chicken but I suggest that you cut it up into quarters and then proceed. Original recipe from http://emiraticankitchen.wordpress.com. I serve this with Yellow rice, recipe to be posted or Rice With Onion (Mashkoul) using the stock made in this recipe, Kuwaiti Tomato Sauce (Dukkous Al-Tamat) and a fresh salad such as Iraqi 'summag' Salad - Sumac Salad..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 baby chickens (approx 600 grams each)
- 2 tablespoons turmeric powder
- 1 dried black lemon, poked (loomi aswad)
- 4 cloves
- 5 cardamom pods, partially opened
- 7 black pepper, balls
- 1 tablespoon whole cinnamon bark
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 cup canola oil (we use canola because it is soy free you may use vegetable oil)
- flour (optional to be crispier make sure to use gluten free if it is meant to be gluten free, you can just )
- 1Throughly wash the chickens inside and out. Place in a very large pot. Add enough water to cover the chickens. Bring to a boil. When the water starts boiling remove the accumulating scum.
- 2Add all of the remaining ingredients.
- 3Boil until the chicken is done, about 45 minutes.
- 4Remove the chicken from the stock. Place the chicken in a colander/strainer.
- 5In a frying pan add about 1 cup or more oil. Heat and then carefully add the chicken, one at a time, and lightly fry the chicken until golden brown on all sides. (I put some white rice flour on them before frying to be crispier and keep them gluten free.).
- 6Drain on paper towels and keep warm.
- 7Now use the stock to make Yellow Rice, recipe to be posted. Serve with Kuwaiti Tomato Sauce (Dukkous Al-Tamat) and a fresh salad.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Chicken Emirati Style
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 542.5
- Calories from Fat 499
- Total Fat 55.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 52.1 mg
- Sodium 2368.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 9.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: