Recipe by Joanne M.
This was my mother-in-law's recipe. It makes 6-8 servings. I like shells or bow ties and italian seasoning the best, but you can use any kind of pasta, and any kind of seasoning. This is always a warm our tummy type of recipe. She called it "fried noodles" but I thought this name would confuse readers.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup medium pasta shell (dry measure)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the ground beef in a large pan.
- Remove from pan, and drain excess grease from pan.
- Saute pepper and onions.
- Add ground beef back to pan with pepper and onions.
- Stir to blend.
- Add Italian seasoning.
- Add tomatoes and just heat slightly.
- While beef is frying- (step 1) cook pasta according to directions.
- Add cooked pasta to beef and veggies.
- Stir together to mix.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Adjust seasonings.
- Slightly mix two eggs and add pan.
- Turn burner to high setting and stir the eggs quickly in the pasta beef mixture.
- About 1 minute.
- Turn burner to low.
- Add cheese.
- After one minute, turn burner off.
- Check after 2 minutes to see if cheese is melted.