Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This low-fat delicious sandwich is just right anytime of year - and especially delicious in the summer when all of these veggies are garden-fresh! Quick & easy recipe to feed you & yours! ENJOY!
- 8 ounces fat free cream cheese (regular or lite may be substituted)
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds (kernels)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt or 1 teaspoon sodium-free seasoning
- 4 whole wheat pita bread, halved
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled & sliced (optional)
- mixed sprouts (optional)
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, sunflower kernels& seasoned salt.
- Spread about 2 T on the inside of each pita half.
- Layer with remaining vegetables.
This made a very good summer meal. I liked the cream cheese and sunflower seed combo...I wouldn't have thought of that myself. I used seasoning salt instead of salt-free seasoning, and my cream cheese was too salty. I would recommend using the salt-free seasoning. Other than that, I was really happy with the veggie combo and flavored cream cheese. Thanks for sharing this!