- 9 inches frozen pie shells, thawed
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 large tomatoes, seeded and thinly sliced
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400* With tines of fork, prick holes all over pie shell.
- With a knife, spread mustard over bottom of shell. Line pie shell with tomato slices.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs until frothy. Blend in cheese, basil, salt and pepper. Pour over tomato slices.
- Bake tart 20 to 25 minutes, until puffy and lightly browned. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.