Recipe by Marie
This is soooooo good! Make the marinade ahead, cook the spaghetti at dinner time and toss together. So easy and so so so delicious! Prep time does not include marinating time.
Top Review by Edith T
I made 1/2 the recipe for my husband and myself last night for supper. It was a definite success. I used fresh roma tomatoes and basil from our CSA farm. I used half the amount of olive oil that the original recipe called for and reduced fat cream cheese (not fat free). A great use of summer fresh tomatoes.
- 8 fresh tomatoes, peeled,seeded and chopped
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 cups loosely packed fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1 lb spaghetti
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a serving bowl.
- Allow to sit and marinate for 2 to 5 hours at room temperature.
- When ready to serve, cook spaghetti and drain well.
- Toss the hot spaghetti with the marinated sauce until the cream cheese cubes are melted.
- Serve immediately.