Recipe by SweetySJD
This is a good way to use up excess tomatoes at the end of summer. It would probably be very good with different kinds of tomatoes.
Top Review by TheGrumpyChef
Made this for dinner last night. We used homegrown canned tomatoes for this recipe.(We had a fabulous crop last summer) And we used fettecini. We loved it, and can't wait to try it again when the tomatoes are freshly picked. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
- 3 lbs tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced (or 1 tsp dried)
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, minced (or 3/4 tsp dried)
- 1 teaspoon sodium-free seasoning
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 lb pasta, cooked and drained
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill a saucepan about 3/4 full with water and bring to a boil.
- Dip tomatoes in water. Peel off skins and discard. Chop pulp and set aside.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, saute garlic in oil.
- Add tomato and spices; mix well. Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
- Add milk and heat through.
- Pour over hot pasta and toss. Sprinkle with cheese to serve.