Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a good way to use up excess tomatoes at the end of summer. It would probably be very good with different kinds of tomatoes.
- 3 lbs tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced (or 1 tsp dried)
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, minced (or 3/4 tsp dried)
- 1 teaspoon sodium-free seasoning
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 lb pasta, cooked and drained
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- Fill a saucepan about 3/4 full with water and bring to a boil.
- Dip tomatoes in water. Peel off skins and discard. Chop pulp and set aside.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, saute garlic in oil.
- Add tomato and spices; mix well. Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
- Add milk and heat through.
- Pour over hot pasta and toss. Sprinkle with cheese to serve.
Made this for dinner last night. We used homegrown canned tomatoes for this recipe.(We had a fabulous crop last summer) And we used fettecini. We loved it, and can't wait to try it again when the tomatoes are freshly picked. Thanks for sharing your recipe.