Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my new favorite pasta recipe. I've made it about 10 times the last few months because it's so easy and so good. It's adapted from a grocery store recipe. It's great even without the chicken. You can add onion to this also by sauteing some in the olive oil before adding the tomatoes. Please use all fresh ingredients for the best results.
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked-I use the foreman grill (I use 4-6 breast tenders)
- greek mixed spice (optional) or seasoning salt, to toss with chicken and pasta (optional)
- 6 -8 ounces linguine, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded (to serve)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 -4 ripe tomatoes, chopped (I've used cherry and grape tomatoes too)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- I have everything going at once for a quick dinner but if you can't do that toss a little olive oil with the cooked pasta to keep it from sticking.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Optional:Toss with desired spices.
- Cook the chicken by desired manner and cut into strips. Optional: toss with desired spices.
- In a skillet heat olive oil. Add tomatoes, garlic, sugar, salt and pepper. Simmer over low heat until tomatoes break down into a sauce.
- Add parsley and basil cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, cook 1 more minute and remove from heat.
- To serve: Divide pasta into 2 bowls, ladle sauce over pasta and sprinkle parmesan over sauce.
this is easy and fresh i used shrimp with it