We went camping with 7 other couples one weekend, and each of us brought a dish to pass to go with the grilled meat. One of my friends brought this delightfully light, tasty and refreshing salad. It's a great side-dish to help use up the last of the season's fresh, home-grown tomato crop. The salad bowl was emptied quickly with most of us wishing for more!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 4 large fresh tomatoes, cored and wedged
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 3 scallions, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, finely chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- pepper, to taste
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1Set yogurt in a fine strainer to drain for 30 minutes. Discard liquid.
- 2Meanwhile, toss tomatoes with salt in a bowl, set aside 15 to 20 minutes until liquid accumulates.
- 3Whisk all other ingredients, except feta cheese, together. Pour over tomatoes and juice and toss. Let stand 5 minutes.
- 4Place feta on top of tomatoes and serve.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Tomato and Feta Cheese Salad
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 140.1
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 20.9 mg
- Sodium 564.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 6.0 g