Top Review by jsyljebeck
I just used the recipe minus the jam and it still tasted great. I even threw in some blueberries I had on hand and served on top of pound cake--if you need a perfect pond cake recipe use the Fannie Farmer one. Comes out great every time!
- 2 lbs strawberries, cleaned, hulled, and cut lengthwise into 1/4-to 1/8-inch slices
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup strawberry jam (about 11 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss berries with sugar and salt in a medium bowl. Let them stand for about 30 minutes to dissolve sugar, tossing occasionally.
- Meanwhile, process jam in food processor until smooth; transfer to small saucepan. Bring jam to simmer over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring frequently until dark and no longer frothy, about 3 minutes. Stir in lemon juice; pour over strawberries and stir to combine. Let cool, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until cold, at least 2 hours or up to 12 hours.
- To serve, spoon a portion of topping over each slice of cheesecake, poundcake or scoop of vanilla ice cream!