Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From a Cooking Light magazine - this sounds amazing and has tons of good veggies!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups onions, diced
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 1 cup fennel bulb, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive, pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 (25 1/2 ounce) jar fat free marinara sauce
- 12 ounces dry vermicelli, cooked
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add onion and next five ingredients (through red pepper); saute 5 minutes.
- Add water, capers, olives, vinegar, and marinara sauce, bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Serve over cooked pasta.