1/2 Photos of Fresh Rhubarb Breast of Chicken
1 hr 5 mins
When I saw this recipe in one of our local papers, I was intrigued. I think it is really very good, and I hope some of you do too. I love the rhubarb for the tartness it brings to this dish. Of course, you can always adjust the sauce if it is too tart, or too sweet. Nice served with new boiled parslied potatoes , fresh green beans and a crisp salad. Enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Spread the carrots and green onions over the bottom of a small roasting pan.
- 3Place the chicken breasts on top of the vegetables and sprinkle with the no-salt seasoning.
- 4Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the maple syrup over the top; cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- 5Remove the chicken to a warm plate while you complete the sauce (or keep in a warm oven).
- 6To the roasting pan, add the chicken stock, the remaining 2 tablespoons of maple syrup, cinnamon, and rhubarb.
- 7Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cook gently till rhubarb is tender.
- 8Stir in the cornstarch and continue to boil gently untill thickened.
- 9Spoon sauce over the chicken and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Rhubarb Breast of Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.4
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 52.7 mg
- Sodium 242.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 19.9 g
- Protein 19.8 g