Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a make ahead kid friendly drink from Cooking Light August 2011. Enjoy!
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups water, divided
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice (about 1 orange)
- 1 3⁄4 cups fresh lemon juice (about 13 medium lemons)
- 16 ounces sparkling water, chilled
- Combine sugar and 3/4 cup water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook 2 minutes, stirring until sugar dissolves. Cool to room temperature.
- Combine remaining 1 1/4 cups water and raspberries in a blender; pulse 10 times or until well blended.
- Strain mixture through a fine sieve into a large pitcher; discard solids. Add orange juice, lemon juice, sparkling water, and cooled syrup to pitcher; stir to combine.
- Serve immediately over ice.
Making similar lemonades, I find myself perfectly satisfied with heating & stirring the water & sugar just enough to dissolve the sugar, without actually boiling it! And besides, this time around I was in a hurry & really wanted to taste the final product! Definitely a winner in my book, this great tasting lemonade will be made again & again! We especially enjoyed the inclusion of the sparkling water! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]