1/2 Photos of Fresh Plum Flan
1 hr 10 mins
Elly in Canada's Note:
I make this often, especially in the fall as you can use any fruit you like - apples peaches pears! I have also used canned plums (2 - 14oz cans, must drain thoroughly) Recipe taken from Anne Lindsay's Light Kitchen cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup soft butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind or 1 teaspoon fresh lemon rind
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- 2 cups halved pitted fresh plums or 2 cups other fresh fruit or 2 cups canned fruit
- 1Cream together sugar, butter.
- 2Beat in eggs, beat well.
- 3Combine flour, baking powder and rind.
- 4Beat into egg mixture alternately with milk, making 3 additions of flour and 2 of milk.
- 5Put batter into greased 10 inch springform pan or a 9 inch square baking dish.
- 6Arrange plums, cut side down, in circles on top, gently press into batter.
- 7Combine topping- sugar and cinnamon, sprinkle over fruit.
- 8Bake in 350 degree (180 C) oven 45-55 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Plum Flan
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.1
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 54.8 mg
- Sodium 90.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 29.2 g
- Protein 3.0 g