Recipe by Elly in Canada
I make this often, especially in the fall as you can use any fruit you like - apples peaches pears! I have also used canned plums (2 - 14oz cans, must drain thoroughly) Recipe taken from Anne Lindsay's Light Kitchen cookbook.
Top Review by Ginger Rose
I thought this was more like a cake than a flan but it turned out to be really good anyway. I took a bit of a risk as I'd already stewed my plums and I was afraid that it wouldn't cook because of the juiciness. Funnnily enough it didn't even need 45 minutes! Thanks for the recipe!
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup soft butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind or 1 teaspoon fresh lemon rind
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 2 cups halved pitted fresh plums or 2 cups other fresh fruit or 2 cups canned fruit
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together sugar, butter.
- Beat in eggs, beat well.
- Combine flour, baking powder and rind.
- Beat into egg mixture alternately with milk, making 3 additions of flour and 2 of milk.
- Put batter into greased 10 inch springform pan or a 9 inch square baking dish.
- Arrange plums, cut side down, in circles on top, gently press into batter.
- Combine topping- sugar and cinnamon, sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake in 350 degree (180 C) oven 45-55 minutes.