2 hrs 20 mins
Summer salad to enjoy for dinner or lunch. The 2 hour cook time includes 1/2 hour cool down time for the beans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces dried black beans
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, to your taste
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled, remove membranes and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup red bell pepper, deseeded and cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1/2 cup celery, sliced
- 1/2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaf, coarsley chopped
- 1In a large glass bowl, combine the orange juice, olive oil and salt, stir well.
- 2Add the oranges, red bell pepper, celery, green onion and cilantro, stir throughly to coat.
- 3Chill ingredients in refrigerator while preparing beans Rinse beans and pick over.
- 4In a medium pot bring 4 cups of water to boil, add beans, reduce heat to simmer, partially cover and simmer 1 1/2 hours or until beans are tender, stirring ocassionally.
- 5When beans are tender, drain off water, and allow to cool.
- 6When beans are cool add to chilled mixture, tossing to coat.
Browse Our Top Oranges Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Orange and Black Bean Salad
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.3
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 63.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 6.9 g