A quick batter for fresh manicotti shells that taste MUCH better than dried pasta. Impress your family and friends with very little effort!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Stir milk gradually with flour, until smooth.
- 2Add, stirring constantly, the beaten egg, to which the salt has been added.
- 3For each shell/crepe, brush a six inch teflon coated fry pan with oil or butter.
- 4Pour 1/4 cup of the batter in the bottom of pan, tilting back and forth so it spreads evenly.
- 5Cook slowly until just set, do not brown.
- 6When set on one side, turn over and let other side set.
- 7Slide off pan and onto plate to cool slightly.
- 8Repeat until all of the batter is used.
- 9Place 2 TBS of your cheese filling into the center of the crepe/shell, bringing sides over so they overlap to hold filling inches.
- 10Arrange side by side in baking pan with your favorite sauce, topped with shredded cheese.
- 11Bake at 400* for about 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Manicotti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Manicotti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Manicotti Shells
Serving Size: 1 (422 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 97.8
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 35.0 mg
- Sodium 193.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 3.8 g