Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
One of Libbie's recipes.now i used frozen with this and you don't have to cook this long .this is a really nice recipe i didn't use the rosemary but will try cooking a sprig in the beans next time
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 lb lima beans, fresh just shelled
- 3 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch rosemary
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- Cook lima beans in water 20 minutes until soft.
- In skillet saute bacon; remove and set aside.
- Saute onion then garlic until golden.
- Add drained limas and saute a few minutes.
- Add salt and pepper and a pinch of rosemary.
- Toss with crumbled bacon and parmesan cheese.
Lima beans have always been one of my favorite vegetables, and they don't disappoint in this recipe! The bacon, garlic and onion add a very nice depth of flavor, without adding a crazy amount of calories to a very healthy dish (I did drain most of the bacon fat before adding the onions and garlic to the pan). The cheese was just enough to add a creamy, salty bite without making the dish gooey. Overall, we just loved it. Thanks for sharing!