Recipe by Dienia B.
One of Libbie's recipes.now i used frozen with this and you don't have to cook this long .this is a really nice recipe i didn't use the rosemary but will try cooking a sprig in the beans next time
Top Review by IngridH
Lima beans have always been one of my favorite vegetables, and they don't disappoint in this recipe! The bacon, garlic and onion add a very nice depth of flavor, without adding a crazy amount of calories to a very healthy dish (I did drain most of the bacon fat before adding the onions and garlic to the pan). The cheese was just enough to add a creamy, salty bite without making the dish gooey. Overall, we just loved it. Thanks for sharing!
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 lb lima beans, fresh just shelled
- 3 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch rosemary
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook lima beans in water 20 minutes until soft.
- In skillet saute bacon; remove and set aside.
- Saute onion then garlic until golden.
- Add drained limas and saute a few minutes.
- Add salt and pepper and a pinch of rosemary.
- Toss with crumbled bacon and parmesan cheese.