- 3 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan or a 6-cup souffle dish.
- Beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Separate egg yolks and whites. Add yolks to butter mixture and beat well.
- Add lemon juice, salt and flour; beat well.
- Add milk; stir until well blended.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Gently fold into lemon mixture.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake 50 minutes, covering with foil during the last 10 minutes if the top gets too brown.