Recipe by gailanng
Using a few basic ingredients including the essential fish sauce, which blends into the background but adding a distinctively non-fishy flavor, dinner's on the table in just minutes. From Sunkist.
Top Review by Chef floWer
I made this for Hubby and Little Miss and they both enjoyed it. I thought the black pepper may be to much but I followed the written recipe and it worked well. Served with steam rice and green salad. Thank you gailanng for a great recipe.
- 4.92 ml cornstarch
- 9.85 ml fish sauce
- 340.19 g tri-tip beef, cut into 1-inch cubes (can sub flank or sirloin steak)
- 29.58 ml fresh lemon juice
- 14.79 ml black pepper
- 9.85 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 4.92 ml butter
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 stalk lemongrass, bottom 4-inches minced (about 1 tablespoon and can sub grated lemon zest but not exactly the same)
- 2 walnut-sized shallots, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl. Add beef and stir to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime combine glaze ingredients in a small bowl; stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Place a stir-fry pan over high heat until hot. Add oil and butter; stir until butter melts. Add garlic, lemongrass, shallots and cook; stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add beef and stir-fry, until it is seared on the outside and slightly pink in center, about 4 minutes.
- Add glaze and toss to evenly coat meat. Serve.