Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Yet another marinade recipe I got from an old issue of Food & Wine. I love this one with chicken and fish. Don't marinate fish too long in this, though - the acid from the lemon juice will start to "cook" it. No more than an hour or so. This marinade is especially nice in the summer when fresh herbs are so abundant.
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped mixed fresh herbs (thyme, summer savory, flat leaf parsley, pineapple sage, dill, rosemary, marjoram, basil, oregano...)
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemons, zest of
- 1⁄4 cup safflower oil or 1⁄4 cup other mild oil
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Combine all ingredients.
- Use immediately or cover tightly and refrigerate for up to a week.
- For chicken, veal, all seafood and shellfish.