Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A lovely citrussy variation on our regular fruit salad. This is courtesy of "Southern Living". Cooking time is the time required for chilling.
- 3 large oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 large red grapefruits, peeled and sectioned
- 2 cups red seedless grapes, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- 1 (6 ounce) container low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- fresh mint sprig, for garnishing
- Place the orange and grapefruit pieces along with the grapes and chopped mint in a medium bowl, gently tossing to combine.
- Cover and chill 2 hours.
- Stir together yogurt with the lemon rind, lemon juice and honey just before serving, and serve with fruit mixture.
- Garnish with fresh mint sprigs.
Wonderfully refreshing. A very nice change from the typical fruit salad. I used green seedless grapes as that is what I had on hand. I made my own vanilla yogurt and added to taste in the dressing, using halal vanilla paste, Balkan (thick) yogurt and extra creamed honey, plus the rest of the ingredients. I may make this again for DH either omitting the grapefruit and replacing with another fruit or cutting it down because it was a little bitter. Made for PAC (Pick A Chef) Spring 2011.