Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Like fresh fruit? Try this when they're in season! The recipe is from the 1967 cookbook 'so good with FRUIT' from Better Homes and Gardens. Preparation time does not include chilling time.
- 1⁄2 cup fresh red raspberries
- 1⁄2 cup banana, ripe, diced
- 1⁄2 cup peach, ripe, diced
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1 (2 quart) bottle carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- Combine raspberries, banana, peaches, pineapple juice & sugar.
- Divide among four 8-ounce glasses, then chill.
- When ready to serve, add a small scoop of vanilla ice cream to each glass, & 'muddle' gently[!].
- Then, tipping the glass, SLOWLY pour lemon-lime carbonated beverage down the inner side, but leaving enough room to add a second small scoop of ice cream.
- Sit back & enjoy!
Yummy!! I omitted the raspberries and added strawberries instead. I also crushed the fruit in my blender to get a finer texture. Since I made 2 servings for my DSS and 2 for Dh and I, I added some Triple Sec to ours. So good and refreshing!
How can anything you post be anything but good, Syd. Enjoyed this so very much. I haven't made anything which I had to "muddle", but now that I have "experience", I think I'll go out and find some more to "muddle." Thnx for posting, Syd. Made for My-3-Chefs 2008.
This is absolutely delicious! We made this for our guests and they enjoyed each fruity sip. It is versatile as we can use any fruit in season. Thank you Sydney Mike for a refreshing and yummy drink.