Recipe by justcallmetoni
Found these on a Canadian cooking site. I love the combination of fruit and oats and wanted to keep this in a safe place for use later.
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 banana
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup apple, peeled, diced 1/2 inch
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup raisins or 1⁄2 cup currants
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups oatmeal, any variety, uncooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine oranges, banana, apples, raisins, orange juice, and 1 tsp of the ground cinnamon; set aside.
- Beat together margarine, applesauce and brown sugar until creamy. Add flour, oatmeal and remaining 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, to the sugar mixture; mix well.
- Measure out 1 1/4 cups of the batter and reserve for topping. Lightly press the remaining oat mixture onto bottom of ungreased 9" x 13" baking pan. Bake 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven; spread fruit mixture evenly over crust to within 1/4" of the edges. Sprinkle oat mixture evenly over fruit, patting gently. Bake 16-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely; cut into bars.
- Store loosely covered.