1/2 Photos of Fresh Fruit Bars
Found these on a Canadian cooking site. I love the combination of fruit and oats and wanted to keep this in a safe place for use later.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup margarine or 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup apple, peeled, diced 1/2 inch
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup raisins or 1/2 cup currants
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups oatmeal, any variety, uncooked
- 1Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2In a medium bowl, combine oranges, banana, apples, raisins, orange juice, and 1 tsp of the ground cinnamon; set aside.
- 3Beat together margarine, applesauce and brown sugar until creamy. Add flour, oatmeal and remaining 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, to the sugar mixture; mix well.
- 4Measure out 1 1/4 cups of the batter and reserve for topping. Lightly press the remaining oat mixture onto bottom of ungreased 9" x 13" baking pan. Bake 15 minutes.
- 5Remove from oven; spread fruit mixture evenly over crust to within 1/4" of the edges. Sprinkle oat mixture evenly over fruit, patting gently. Bake 16-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 6Cool completely; cut into bars.
- 7Store loosely covered.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Fruit Bars
Serving Size: 1 (47 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 117.2
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 39.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 1.6 g