Recipe by Impera_Magna
A Southern Living recipe that I'm gonna try as soon as I can get to the store and get some fresh corn. I've always made corn cakes with canned corn but I know fresh will be much better. Posting b/c I am very good at losing (misplacing) recipes I cut out of magazines. :)
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 5 ears)
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal (yellow or white)
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor, pulse corn, eggs, milk, and butter 3 to 4 times or until corn is coarsely chopped.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, cornmeal, cheese, chives, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in corn mixture just until dry ingredients are moistened; do NOT overstir or beat.
- Spoon 2T batter onto a hot, lightly greased skillet or griddle to form 2" cakes; do NOT spread or flatten cakes.
- Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until tops of corn cakes are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked.
- Turn corn cakes over and cook for 2-3 additional minutes.