Recipe by Barnacle B.
Sailing around the Gulf Islands I picked some fresh blackberries and wanted to incorporate them into dinner. The following sauce was simple to put together and was incredible on the pork ribs we had for dinner. Also goes great on chicken and lamb.
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1⁄2 cup tomato ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
- 1 -2 teaspoon fresh ginger or 1⁄2-1 teaspoon dry ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 -2 teaspoon your favourite hot sauce or 1 dash cayenne
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients well using a food processor or stick blender.
- Bring to a boil in a saucepan for 2-3 minutes.
- Cool and put in squeeze, strain if you want the seeds removed.
- Keeps well in refrigerator. Add to pork, chicken or beef in place of your regular barbecue sauce.