Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This Italy-inspired hummus is a recipe I created in celebration of my bountiful basil harvest. Did you know that basil has natural antidepressant properties? For me, that's just one more reason to put it in everything!
- 396.89 g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 236.59 ml fresh basil, tightly packed
- 59.14 ml fresh parsley
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, sliced
- 29.58 ml olive oil (or more, if desired)
- 78.07 ml tahini
- salt and pepper
- Place ingredients in blender or food processor and puree until creamy, scraping sides occasionally.
- Taste and adjust flavors as desired.
So good! I made this exactly as written, and I don't think I'll change anything next time around. This makes a great sandwich filling, and was a good way to use up my extra basil. Thanks for posting!
This is a great way to use up the basil harvest at the end of the season. Next time I make this, I will reduce the amount of lemon.
For my taste, the amounts of lemon juice and tahini were a bit much and overwhelmed the basil a little. If I make this again, I'll decrease both.