Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Similar to the popular Latin American drink from Quaker "Frescavena". This oatmeal based beverage is nutritious and refreshing. My 18 month old daughter loves it and after not finding it anywhere in stores I had to come up with a way to make it myself EASILY. I love this because I can keep it on hand and scoop it into a glass of milk and its ready to go!
- Empty 8 oz box of infant cereal into food processor. Using this cereal instead of rolled oats produces a finer grain that more easily dissolves in liquid, plus it is fortified with more vitamins and minerals.
- Blend until the flakes are no longer visible and it becomes a fine powder (3-5 minutes).
- Add sugar and blend again until it is mixed thoroughly and all the same fine powder consistency.
- Add 2 tablespoons (add more or less to taste) of mixture to 8 ounces of milk or water and blend in a blender or shaker cup with 2 ice cubes and enjoy!
- Optional additions: add vanilla, cinnamon or strawberry quick to final beverage. Can be served as a warm beverage as well.
Love this stuff! The baby food oatmeal was an inspired idea! It can easily be made sugar free also with a sugar sub if u like and varied with xtracts or real fruit. ***Good way to add healthy fiber and nutrients if one is ill and solids don't appeal at the time. Thanks for a great recipe idea.