Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Rachael Ray's 30 Minute Meals.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 slices good quality bacon, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 lbs chicken tenders, cut into 1 1/2 to 2-inch pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 lb button mushroom, quartered
- 3 celery ribs, from the heart of the stalk and leafy tops chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 2 parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups white french Burgundy wine, 1/3 bottle
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 cups frozen pearl onions
- 1 lb extra-wide egg noodles
- freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
- handful flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat with extra-virgin olive oil. Add bacon and cook until crisp, about 5 minutes, remove with slotted spoon.
- Heat a pot of water to boil for egg noodles.
- While bacon crisps, scatter 1/2 cup flour on a shallow dish. Season the chopped chicken with salt and pepper and add to flour. Toss the chicken to coat and shake off the excess as you add it to the hot bacon drippings. Lightly brown the chicken about 3 minutes on each side then remove. Add mushrooms to the pan and add the celery, carrots and parsnips as you chop them Season with salt, pepper and thyme. Cook vegetables 5 to 6 minutes to tenderize them. Scoot vegetables off to the sides of the pan forming a well. Add 2 tablespoons butter to the well and melt them whisk in 2 tablespoons flour. Whisk wine into roux, shake pan to combine then stir in stock. Add chicken back to the pan and stir in the onions. Simmer the chicken 10 minutes. Adjust seasoning.
- Salt water for egg noodles. Add noodles and cook to al dente. Drain noodles and return to hot pot. Add 2 tablespoons butter to noodles and toss to melt. Season noodles with nutmeg, salt and pepper, to taste, and garnish with parsley.