25 hrs 35 mins
24 hrs 30 mins
1 hr 5 mins
A wonderful make ahead addition to your Sunday brunch! Prep times includes overnight preparation time!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces challah or 12 ounces raisin bread or 12 ounces other egg bread, with crust,torn into 3/4 inch pieces
- 7 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk or 2 1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly grated whole nutmeg or 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- warm maple syrup
- 1Butter 11x7x2-inch glass baking dish.
- 2Place bread in dish.
- 3Whisk eggs and next 5 ingredients in medium bowl to blend; pour over bread.
- 4Using spatula, lightly press down on bread to moisten completely.
- 5Cover with foil and chill overnight.
- 6Place foil-covered dish in cold oven.
- 7Set oven at 350°F and bake 30 minutes.
- 8Remove foil and continue to bake until pudding is puffed and golden brown, about 35 minutes longer.
- 9Spoon pudding onto plates, sprinkle with toasted nuts, and serve with warm maple syrup.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Toast Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 440.5
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 285.8 mg
- Sodium 401.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 24.0 g
- Protein 16.8 g