Recipe by Rhodes Bake-N-Serv
This is a delicious breakfast recipe on a cold winter morning. Full Recipe: http://www.rhodesbread.com/recipes/view/2280
- 12 rhodes warm-n-serv dinner rolls or 12 rhodes dinner rolls, baked according to package directions
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2⁄3 cup half-and-half
- 1 1⁄2 cups maple syrup, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond flavoring
- powdered sugar
- nuts, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut rolls into 1-inch cubes and place in a sprayed 9x13-inch baking pan.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, mixing until smooth after each one.
- Stir in milk, half and half, 1/2 cup syrup, almond flavoring and nuts if desired.
- Pour the mixture over the bread cubes making sure all are saturated. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Remove from fridge and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking. Bake at 350°F 40-50 minutes.
- Cover with foil last 15 minutes to prevent over browning if necessary.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with remaining syrup and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve warm.