Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a great recipe to assemble the night before and serve for overnight guests or for Christmas morning
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cups melted butter
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- 6 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Combine brown sugar, butter and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in 13x9 baking dish. Add apples, and toss until thoroughly coated. Spread apple mixture evenly over bottom of baking dish. Arrange French bread slices in a single layer on top.
- Mix eggs, milk, vanilla and remaining 2 teaspoons of cinnamon until well blended. Pour mixture over bread, soaking bread completely. Cover and refrigerate 4-24 hours (overnight is best).
- Bake, covered with aluminum foil at 375 for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 5 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes. Serve warm.
It was just ok. Seemed like it needed some more sweet like maybe some regular sugar in the egg mixture. My kids didn't like it.