From the Kitchen of Deep South Dish (www.deepsouthdish.com) I just wanted to put this here to keep it safe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve the yeast in the warm water and set aside.
- 2Sift the flour and set aside.
- 3Pour the boiling water over the shortening and stir until the shortening is melted.
- 4Preheat deep fryer to 360 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 5In a large bowl, combine 2 cups of the sifted flour with the sugar and salt, melted shortening, evaporated milk, egg, and yeast mixture.
- 6Add enough additional flour to form a shaggy dough. The amount of flour is a guesstimate; humidity may cause you to need a touch more or less.
- 7Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and roll thin - somewhere between 1/4-inch and 1/8-inch thick.
- 8Using a pizza wheel, cut the dough into 2-inch squares.
- 9Drop into hot fryer and brown on one side until golden; flip and brown on the other side.
- 10Remove and drain on paper towels.
- 11Sprinkle with sifted powdered sugar.
- 12Serve immediately with a great cup of chicory joe.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Market Beignet Doughnuts
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.3
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 22.2 mg
- Sodium 138.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 6.9 g