Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I found this is in an old Betty Crocker recipe book.
- 1⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 quart milk, scalded
- Combine chocolate chips, corn syrup, and water in a small heavy saucepan; stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in vanilla. Cover mixture, and chill till cool. Can be made a day ahead.
- Beat whipping cream gradually adding chocolate mixture until stiff (mixture will mound when dropped with spoon.) Cover and chill.
- To Serve: Place 1/2 cup of chocolate cream in each cup. Add hot milk, stirring well.