This recipe was found on the internet at francethisway.com.
Make and share this French Garlic Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Peel all the cloves of garlic.
- In a large sauce pan put all except 1 of the cloves (unchopped) along with the sage, salt & water. Brink to a boil & simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove garlic cloves & discard the sage. Crush the garlic & return it to the sauce pan, & add the pepper.
- Simmer for another 2 minutes, then poach the eggs in the soup.
- Meanwhile, rub the slices of bread with the remaining garlic clove & toast them in the oven.
- When one side is toasted, put a tablespoon of Gruyere on the UNTOASTED side of each of the slices & then toast that side also.
- In each of 4 bowls, put a piece of toast with cheese, put an egg on top of the cheese, & then the soup is served on top of that.