Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A great treat from France! For a twist, you add the topping before the coffee. The dollops of freshly whipped sweetened cream will rise through the coffee for a floating cloud effect. Adapted from About.com. Cook time is time to brew coffee.
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream, chilled (heavy cream)
- 1⁄8 cup powdered sugar (confectioners sugar)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups coffee, hot (I use decaf)
- Beat the cream until it's rich and fluffy, with soft peaks (or use already whipped cream from a can).
- Mix in the powdered sugar, and continue to beat until you have stiff peaks.
- Split whipped cream between 2 mugs.
- Add vanilla to the hot coffee, then pour over cream.
- Serve right away, Don't stir!
Oh la la! Yummy creamy sweet! Thanks Sharon.
I loved this!! I didn't get the complete cloud effect because i used the tassimo to make the coffee into the creamed mug but the tase was so good and there were some clouds lol
Made for ComfortCafe Summer 2009. Thjis is more a dessert than a regular cup of coffee. I used my stick blender to whip up the cream right in my coffee mug. Perfect. I used a mocha coffee blend so it was double dessert drink for me. Love it.