Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
creamy hot chocolate for a bunch...
Make and share this French Chocolate recipe from Food.com.
- In the top of a double boiler, over very hot but not boiling water, melt the chocolate chips with corn syrup and water.
- Stir constantly until the mixture is smooth and melted completely.
- Stir in vanilla and chill mixture.
- Beat the cream until stiff.
- Fold in the chilled chocolate mixture.
- Refrigerate until use.
- Heat milk until hot but not boiling.
- To serve fill cup 1/3-1/2 full of cream and top with milk.
- Stir to blend.
I cheated and used 60% FRENCH cocoa powder for this divine drink! I also used Demerara sugar in place of the corn syrup for a rich and added flavour. Cut this back to serve one, moi! The vanilla id an authentic addition and makes a French hot chocolate French! Made for the Comfort Cafe Jan 2010. FT:-)