Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are a delighful muffin suitable for Sunday mornings. I got the recipe from a FamilyFun magazine. Tasty!
- Begin by mixing all the dry ingredients together for the muffins.
- Mix all the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, just until mixed - don't overmix!
- Pour into muffin tins that are greased with butter ONLY on the bottoms.
- Place into preheated oven - 375 degrees.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then turn them and bake for 5 minutes more.
- Let muffins cool slightly, then remove from muffin tins.
- Put the topping ingredients into 2 bowls. Roll each muffin top in the butter then the cinnamon-sugar mix.
- Eat while still warm.
I made this for breakfast the other day. My entire family loved them. I made them as written except, I forgot to add the butter(no one noticed that it was missing) to the muffin itself and I added milk chocolate chips. Thanks for the recipe.
These were delicious!! I was looking for something new to make for breakfast and found this recipe! I have a bad (really....a good habit actually) of reworking the recipes to make them lower fat and lower cholesterol, more fiber, etc. So here are my changes. I used all whole wheat four, replaced the egg with ground flax, replaced the butter with a combo of pureed pumpkin and fat free greek yogurt, I reduced the sugar to 1/2 cup and just brushed melted butter on the top instead of dipping it....but my whole family loved them and my daughter wants me to make more to put in her lunches.....I definitely will be making these again soon! Thanks for a great recipe! And as one reviewer said....they do taste like a churro....a little denser the way I made them but really good flavor!
These were delicious, But a little dry. But the delicious part made it all worth it. (: