Recipe by Miss Oregon
Black Bean Dessert from Peru
Top Review by Darkhunter
What a different taste. Still not quite sure if I like it or not, thus the 4 stars. Truly, I think a little bit of lemon or lime juice would enhance the flavor somewhat. But that is, of course, my own opinion. Thnx for sharing your recipe, Miss Oregon. Made for PAC Spring 2010. You've been adopted. http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
- 1 lb black beans
- 2 lbs brown sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 cloves
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak beans in water overnight.
- Cook beans in water until soft and well done.
- Force through a strainer.
- In a medium pan place bean puree.
- add milk, sugar, cinnamon and cloves.
- Take to medium heat stirring constantly until thickened and the bottom of the pan can be seen.
- Remove from heat.
- Take out cinnamon sticks and cloves.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon of sesame seed.
- Transfer to a bowl and sprinkle with seasme seeds.