Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 3 cups rotini pasta, uncooked
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic cloves, minced or 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb frankfurter, sliced diagonally into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 3⁄4 cups diced tomatoes with juice, undrained
- 2⁄3 cup tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley or 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (optional)
- grated parmesan cheese
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter; add onion, garlic and frankfurters.
- Cook 5 minutes or until onion is tender and frankfurters are browned, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tomatoes with juice, tomato paste, water, parsley, hot pepper sauce and oregano.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Serve sauce over hot pasta.
- Sprinkle with cheese.