This tastes like a corn dog and chili dog all in one. It is from Rachael Ray.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 (16 ounce) packages all- beef hot dogs (ballpark-style and sliced on a slight angle)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 4 (16 ounce) cans baked beans (or 1 family-size can)
- 2 (8 1/2 ounce) boxes corn muffin mix, such as Jiffy brand
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Place a large, oven-safe, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil.
- 3Add the sliced hot dogs to the pan and brown, about 6-8 minutes.
- 4Add the chopped onion and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- 5Combine molasses, Worcestershire and tomato sauce in a small bowl and add to the skillet.
- 6Add the baked beans and bring up to a simmer.
- 7While the hot dog mixture is coming up to a simmer, mix the two packages of muffin mix together with eggs, melted butter, milk, chili powder, chives and the cheese.
- 8Pour the mix over the top of the hot dog mixture in the skillet.
- 9Place skillet in the oven and bake until cornbread is light golden in color, 12-15 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Franks & Beans Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (643 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1752.4
- Calories from Fat 960
- Total Fat 106.7 g
- Saturated Fat 44.4 g
- Cholesterol 258.3 mg
- Sodium 5360.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 147.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.5 g
- Sugars 63.8 g
- Protein 60.4 g