Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This tastes like a corn dog and chili dog all in one. It is from Rachael Ray.
Make and share this Franks & Beans Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 2 -3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 (16 ounce) packagesall- beef hot dogs (ballpark-style and sliced on a slight angle)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 4 (16 ounce) cans baked beans (or 1 family-size can)
- 2 (8 1/2 ounce) boxes corn muffin mix, such as Jiffy brand
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place a large, oven-safe, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil.
- Add the sliced hot dogs to the pan and brown, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add the chopped onion and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Combine molasses, Worcestershire and tomato sauce in a small bowl and add to the skillet.
- Add the baked beans and bring up to a simmer.
- While the hot dog mixture is coming up to a simmer, mix the two packages of muffin mix together with eggs, melted butter, milk, chili powder, chives and the cheese.
- Pour the mix over the top of the hot dog mixture in the skillet.
- Place skillet in the oven and bake until cornbread is light golden in color, 12-15 minutes.