I found this recipe that was MIA for 15 years while unpacking after the move to Florida. It is delicious and starts with a frozen pound cake. The filling starts with 2 packages cook and serve vanilla pudding. Cook time is for the almonds and pudding only.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces frozen pound cake, thawed
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 (3 ounce) packages vanilla pudding mix
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 lb sweet butter
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1Slice pound cake into 1/2 inch horizontal layers.
- 2Set aside.
- 3FILLING: Combine pudding mix, milk and salt and cook until thickened.
- 4Cover and refrigerate for 1/2 hour.
- 5Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- 6Stir into cooled pudding.
- 7ALMONDS: In a skillet melt 1/4 cup butter.
- 8Add almonds and cook until golden brown.
- 10Grind until consistency of corn meal.
- 11TO ASSEMBLE CAKE:.
- 12Cover cake layers with pudding.
- 13Frost top and sides of cake with pudding.
- 14Top with ground almonds.
- 15Store cake covered in refrigerator.
Nutritional Facts for Frankfurter Gruntz
Serving Size: 1 (1745 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 6637.2
- Calories from Fat 4172
- Total Fat 463.6 g
- Saturated Fat 239.7 g
- Cholesterol 1187.5 mg
- Sodium 4888.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 589.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.1 g
- Sugars 290.0 g
- Protein 60.8 g