Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
An easy one-pot dish that uses ingredients I usually have on-hand.
- 1 lb beef frankfurter, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (8 ounce) can kidney beans
- 5 ounces uncooked spiral shaped pasta or 5 ounces noodles
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 medium green pepper, cut in strips
- Cook and stir franks and onion in oil in 12 inch skillet until franks are light brown and onion tender.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients except green peppers.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer stirring occasionally, until macaroni is tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Add green peppers.
- Cover and simmer until pepper is crisp-tender, about 5 more minutes.